Friday, June 3, 2011

A Wrap Up About Learning About the Holocaust in Public School

For the last few day I've been blogging about learning about the Holocaust in Public School. It's been an interesting experience. I've argued with my teacher, I've contributed a lot to class, and now the unit is over, we learned about the Holocaust for 5 days. And not even for the whole hour. I have to say I'm disappointed and worried for the future. Today we have survivors to come in and speak every now and then but in 20 years we wont. We wont have people to tell the story's from first hand experience. We'll only have books and recorded videos of survivors story's. So I urge you, my readers to educate yourself about the Holocaust, and teach people. Because frankly, some people know absolutely nothing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment