Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Unity Music Video

Personally I was not in love with this video, or the song itself. There was so much hype leading up to the release of the song, and then in my opinion, the song didn't live up to the hype. It was suppose to be a unity song, uniting Jews of different backgrounds. It was also suppose to raise awareness of the Sholom Rubashkin case.


When I think of Jews and unity, I do not just think of a rabbi with a beard, I think of a much broader picture. A vision were theres possibly a Rabbi holding hands with say for example Adam Sandler, or some other Jewish singer. Or maybe a 16 year old girl in a tanktop holding hands with a bais yaakov high school girl of the same age. Now that would have been real unity.

Now the song, really disapointed me. I was expecting something all jews could relate to. Ya sure, people can listen to that almost 6 minute video, but I mean be honest, its pretty boring. Why not have some Jewda Maccabi, or make it a little more modern, maybe if they do another video they could get the Maccabeats to. That would get peoples attention. Either way, heres the video:


If you have any ideas how the song could have been better, or if you thought the song was fine feel free to comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment